The functions of the Foundation are:
- Provide financial assistance for the establishment, expansion, improvement, and
management of educational institutions and allied projects.
- Provide incentives to students, teachers, and Educational Institutions.
- Promote public-private partnerships relating to education.
- Provide technical assistance to Educational Institutions for testing policy interventions
and innovative programmes for replication.
- Rank private educational institutions based on educational standards.
- Raise funds through donations, grants, contributions, subscriptions etc.
- Assist Educational Institutions in capacity building, including training of teachers.
- Undertake any other function as may be assigned to it by the Board with the approval
of the Government.