Certification Regime for Teachers in PEF Partner Schools
Certification regime for teachers in partner schools initiated with the aim to:
- Improve the school image & prestige
- Make easier for principals’ to retain effective teachers
- Encourage the teachers to become effective classroom practitioner
- Incentivize the certified teachers
CPDP conducted test for 10,726 verified and trained participants of TDP Level 1 & 2 on 21st May, 2017.
The payment for test of a teacher was Rs.500/- and borne by PEF. If a certified teacher is retained in the school for a year, the teacher shall be entitled to annual Rs.5000 from PEF. (For each continuing year the same Rs.5000/- shall be entitled to the teacher from PEF). The mechanism for payment to certified teacher for first time as follows:
- Rs.2,500 shall be borne by PEF
- Rs.2,500 shall be deducted from payments to be made to respective schools (one time in the whole year)
Trained teachers can better groom his/her students in a classroom. Good teachers are essential for the effective functioning of education systems and for improving the quality of learning process.
School Mentoring Activity (SMA)
School Mentoring Activity is a new initiative of CPDP department to ensure quality education in PEF partner schools through its Master trainers (MTs). MTs are effectively supporting PEF partner schools in terms of school improvement and enhancing the pedagogical skills of teaching staff in their respective tehsils/districts .The areas focused under SMA are following:
- Teaching QAT Module
- Teacher Information System (TIS) up- gradation
In future , SMA may also focus on following :
Till date, approximately 520 schools of FAS/EVS/NSP have been mentored in 36 districts of Punjab through 55 MTs.
For the financial year 2017-18, CPDP will be conducting 1000 trainings for TDP Level I & II while 400 trainings will be conducted under SLP Level I & II.